Thanks for reaching out. You likely received a link to this page from me in response to a message you sent me via email or LinkedIn. Unfortunately, I am unable to schedule phone calls with every recruiter that contacts me. For this reason I have created this page that should help streamline our communication. It aims to answer common questions you may have and to outline criteria so that we can quickly identify if I am the right person for the role you're looking to fill.
- Hello recruiter!
Am I currently looking for a new job?
No, I am actively not looking for a new position (I will remove this sentence if that changes). As a general rule, I stay at a company for at least a year (although my average is closer to 3 years), so if my resume reflects that I have been at my current employer for less than a year it is unlikely that I am interested in a change. With that said, you are always welcome to send me any job roles that you think I would be crazy to pass up. I will always respond to these messages letting you know if they are or are not a good fit.
What types of roles interest me
I'm interested in working on jobs that:
- have a focus on spatial or scientific data
- are remote or offer a good work-from-home/flexible-schedule policy
- have a positive/altruistic impact on the world
- contribute to open-source technologies
- are focussed on understanding large datasets, particularly through machine-learning/artificial-intelligence
- include working on distributed systems utilizing microservices via container-based (e.g. Docker) and serverless (e.g. AWS Lambda) technologies
- are full-stack roles
- are working on systems that experience high usage
- are working on systems that serve large amounts of data
I don't expect any role to touch on all of the above details, however more is better.
What types of roles do not interest me
At this time, I am likely not the right fit for jobs that:
- expect longtime experience with Java, .NET, or PHP.
- require a full-time in-office presence
- require me to relocate
- are temporary contracts
These are not deal-breakers, however working around these criteria would likely require a very good fit.
How to send me a job role
Using the same line-of-communication that you used to initially contact me, please send me a message with the following information:
- Name of company. If you are unable to name the company, please provide a detailed description of the market in which the company operates and of the product(s) produced by the company.
- Technology stack used
- Salary range
To save time on both of our parts, I am only available to schedule a phone conversation after reviewing the above information. After receiving the above information, I will get back to you shortly with a determination of whether or not the role is the right fit for my current needs.